When I posted a photo of these whoopie pies on my facebook, people went crazy. So here's the recipe, go crazy!
WHOOPIE PIES WITH PEANUT BUTTER CREAM FILLING
|Whoopie pies are so popular now. I love them with different fillings like this one. |
1. For the cake, sift and then whisk flour with cocoa, baking soda and salt to combine well. Beat butter with sugar until light. Beat in egg and vanilla. Stir in flour mixture alternately with buttermilk in three additions, beginning and ending with flour.
2. Using a small ice cream scoop or tablespoons, spoon 2 tbsp batter into 24 mounds on two baking sheets lined with parchment paper. Leave space in between for spreading.
3. Bake in a preheated 350F for 10 to 12 minutes until just firm to the touch when pressed lightly in the middle.
4. For filling cream butter with peanut butter until light. Beat in vanilla and icing sugar.
5. Place 2 tbsp filling on the flat side of 12 "pies". Cover with remaining "pies" like sandwiches. Wrap individually in parchment paper or waxed paper.